Thursday, June 28, 2007

06/28/07: It's Official...

Thanks to Ellen who alerted me that my advance ruling for the 501(c)3 was expired, we are officially a permanent 501(c)3. I might have my verbiage wrong but the idea is right. After five years of doing our thing, the IRS has agreed that we are, indeed, a charitable organization. We have their stamp.

It was in a holding pattern but can now get back in the swing of things. I couldn't request any help from FedEx or send for grants with the expired 501(c)3 but...that has all changed. I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things.

Now, if I only had time! With the summer here, the kids are off school and must have made a pact to torture me for 10 weeks. Besides juggling my job-job which pays the bills with raising kids, doing endless laundry, and keeping the house, I'm trying to maintain my summer sanity. It's hard but...once September is here, we're back in business.

:)

No comments: