Friday, November 02, 2007

11/2/07: No news from Myra

I had a talk with Ellen about Myra. We have been sending so much stuff out there and we have been getting little feedback in return. Ellen did receive a hand-written note from Ralph but I, on the other hand, have received nothing. I called twice and asked for photos of the garden that my sister and I planted. I called and asked for Manna from Heaven to get an email address and let me know what it was (they have Internet access and I did send them an entire computer set-up which I saw working in action...with their lazy son listening to iTunes). I asked for 20 handmade birdhouse (which I was willing to pay for!) but, as in all the rest, nothing.

It is very upsetting because we spent a ton of time and money helping them but I'm afraid that we cannot teach them to fish because they are only looking for the final product.

I don't know where to go from here with Manna from Heaven. I'm leaning toward focusing on more local projects, projects that I can help oversee. But I'm waiting to hear what Ellen concludes with her Maryland support system.

No comments: